In this policy, personal information means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address, and email address. APPES 2022 Organization collects registrant information to provide better and correct services to users.
1. Purpose of collection and Use of Personal information
APPES 2022 Organization collects information solely for the purpose of providing services to registrants and facilitating our communication with them. We do not collect or use personal information for any other purposes. The personal information provided to us by the members makes it possible for us to deliver, based on it, more useful information selectively.
Emails and Newsletters
- APPES 2022 Organization uses the personal information when we send our newsletter in order to respond to your request, to reply to your email or to send you correspondence about news and events related to APPES 2022.
- When you register to obtain a user account, you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account. If you register by providing your personal information, it will allow us to use that personal information to maintain your membership and contact you about upcoming news and results of abstract submission. Also, it will be used to send you your password when you forget it.
2. Range of Personal Information
- Only essential Personal Information will be collected to provide you with services. Personal Information includes registrants’ full name, e-mail, and affiliation.
3. Maintenance and Disuse of Personal Information
- Information you submit when you sign up should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes and provided voluntarily to anyone else unless required without your permission. APPES 2022 will continue to maintain and manage the members’ personal information as long as they continue to retain their membership.
However, when a member cancels his or her membership by request for de-registration, all personal information collected will be permanently deleted from our database, ensuring that the opening or use of such information for any purposes is no longer possible.
4. Security Management for Personal Information
- APPES 2022 has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that we store and control. However, no website can be safe from security risks. If any such security breach occurs, we will post a reasonably prominent notice as soon as possible to the website.
5. Data Usage Policy
6. Responsibility for Security Breach
Members of APPES 2022 website are responsible for the security of the passwords for their accounts. APPES 2022 never asks its members for their passwords, either through mail or any other methods. Under no circumstances should you ever disclose your password. We ask that you pay particular attention when you are logged in, in order to ensure that your personal information is not divulged to others.